You don't seem the kind of person who jumps on every upgrade just because it's there. So I would wait. Too many things are happening too fast, and a quick move is likely a bad move. If you have the resources that make moving from the D300s to the next generation a thing of no consequence, by all means get the D300s. But here's what you know. The new body will have higher resolution, better DR, probably be a tad faster, and probably have a noticeably better AF system. So I would wait, if I were who I think you might be.