Started May 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mannypr
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,363Gear list
Like?
Capture raw converter for NEF files.
May 2, 2012

Recently , I download a trial version of Nikons Capture NX2 and compared it's raw converter with the one that comes with Adobes lightroom 4 . My System is all Nikon having a D90 and a D7000 with various lens . I have read that the raw converter from nikons capture PP program is the best one for Nikons raw images .

But I was not prepared for the differences between it and the raw converter that comes with ligtroom 4 . The differences are not subtle and the more I compared the bigger they were. Nikons raw photos seen on its raw converter are truly great and above what you can get from adobes raw converter that comes in lightroom 4 .

After having seen the photos in Capture NX2 , the same photos seen on lightrooms raw converter look flat and dull . Not that the raw converter in lightroom is bad for Nikon Nef files , it's just that the same files seen in Capture NX2 makes them seem dull , without life .

Anyone with a Nikon Camera capable of NEF files owes it to himself to see the differences and make the A B comparison . It is really an eyeopener.

I am only comparing raw converters as there are things in lightroom that are better then on Capture as the noise reduction is just so so in Capture , but the one in lightroom is much better and so on with other features. But for NEF Files there is no other raw converter that I know of that can topple it.

Mannypr's gear list:Mannypr's gear list
Canon PowerShot A640 Nikon D90 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G II Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +8 more
Nikon D7000 Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow