Started May 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BillyGoatGruff
Forum MemberPosts: 93
Like?
Light leak fix. No thanks, Canon!
May 2, 2012

Although I think they should be ashamed of themselves for sticking a piece of black tape to the back of the LCD panel and calling it a bona-fide fix to the light leak defect, I can certainly understand how Canon would do it for the defective units and try to get away with it. There are enough spineless saps out there who are willing to accept anything.

I’m curious, though, as to what Canon is doing for the xxxxx3xxxxx and higher serial numbers. If they plan on manufacturing them with that black tape “fix”, then I’m probably going to pass on the camera altogether.

‘Cause let’s face it: NOBODY who spends $3500 on a camera deserves a product that has a stinking piece of tape inside it like that. A $3500 camera deserves to have PARTS in it. I’m talking about actual parts, i.e. parts designed to properly fit in the camera, and designed to serve a certain purpose. What Canon has done to fix this light leak issue is tantamount to using chewing gum to cover the LCD.

(And for those of you who intend to say “the light leak doesn’t matter anyway”, save it. Even Canon doesn’t agree with you on that one.)

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow