Started May 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
marike6
Senior MemberPosts: 5,070Gear list
Like?
Re: Lightroom 3 / D800 Help
In reply to jfriend00, May 2, 2012

jfriend00 wrote:

marike6 wrote:

So my only option is to buy another copy of Lightroom? I know it's not terribly expensive, but that's pretty lame of Adobe, IMHO.

This is how Adobe does business with Lightroom. It has been this way since the very first day they shipped Lightroom 1. They will sometimes add new cameras to a free point release 3.1, 3.2, etc..., but once the next version is out new cameras are only added in the new version. LR4 shipped a little while ago so that's where all new camera support goes.

If you plan on being a LR customer, you will just need to plan on upgrading regularly. If you don't want to do that, then you will need to select a different software vendor that has a policy you like.

This forum isn't a very useful place to complain about Adobe's long standing policies. It's very old news here and nobody who can do anything about it is here. I'm sure you can find a more lively discussion about the policy over in the adobe forums.

I've been an Adobe customer for years since Photoshop 5 days, so I am aware how they operate, but I guess I'm not in tune to the minutiae of their release cycles and minor updates/camera compatibility.

Sorry didn't mean to waste everyone's time complaining.

marike6's gear list:marike6's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P330 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Nikon D800 Fujifilm X-E1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow