E-M5 Photos from a Lacrosse Game - 1st outing with a new camera!

Started May 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Tim in upstate NY
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,120Gear list
Like?
E-M5 Photos from a Lacrosse Game - 1st outing with a new camera!
May 2, 2012

. . . I didn't buy my E-M5 for just sports but I do cover a high school in my area that my son graduated from five years ago. So I went out yesterday without sorting through the menu and optimizing my settings just to see what it can do with the default settings. I've only had the camera since last week and haven't spent nearly enough time with it yet. So I got started with it on the sidelines with my 14-150 lens and immediately realized that I was going to have to dive into the menu and turn off the review function as well as the EVF eye detection which were driving me nuts. After that bit of self-induced stress, I was able to settle down with it and start getting some reasonable results.

. . . All photos below as well as in the rest of the gallery linked at the bottom are straight out of the camera jpegs shot in AF-S mode with some minor tweaking and cropping in FastStone.

http://www.pbase.com/tim_in_ny/seton050112

Tim in upstate NY's gear list:Tim in upstate NY's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL3 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 +3 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow