New Camera Dilemma

Started Apr 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
roger55
Senior MemberPosts: 1,152
Like?
Re: I don't understand you at all
In reply to Flying Fish, May 2, 2012

Yes, that just one feature would be worth the $300 to me.

It's almost certain to have a Digic 5 processor which would mean better jpegs out of the camera. It probably wouldn't mean much if for raw if it's the same sensor as the T3i though.

Improvement in focus speed in Live View or with video is rumored and if true, that would make it worth it to me all by itself.

A touchscreen is rumored. I don't know how good that would be but I would hope they would take care of the negative things in reviews about how the controls change when going to Live View with the T3i.

What's is hard to understand? T3i or T4i, I still have 5 weeks to get to know the new camera even waiting until Memorial day. I'm pretty busy this month anyway.

Thanks for your good wishes.

Flying Fish wrote:

Roger55: You say you'd buy the T4i for $300 more than the price of the T3i, but you have no idea what the difference might be between those two cameras. What if the only differences were in features you'd never use? What if there were a couple things about the T4i that you didn't like? Even one that you mentioned--the same IQ at ISO 6400 as the T3i has at ISO 3200--is that really worth $300?

In any case, I wish you a wonderful trip and many great photographs.

FF

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow