Started Apr 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
JackM
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,399Gear list
Like?
Re: What is the truth?
In reply to Peter 13, May 2, 2012

Peter 13 wrote:

JackM wrote:

With 3.11.26, 5D2 files look the same as always, and 5D3 files look about the same as 5D2 files until you get into the higher ISOs. I think there we are just seeing the advantages of the new sensor.

I think we are seeing typical Canon marketing. Keep the better conversion for the new model. I remember in the old days - the 350D conversion was terrible both with the ZB and with the DPP; Adobe kept improving it while Canon left it where it was - in the stone age.

Well, the 5D3 sensor does use new architecture and gapless microlenses. It is supposed to be less noisy, and as far as I can tell the proof is in the pudding.

It is not in Canon's best interests to improve raw conversion for discontinued cameras. It is in Adobe's. Meh. This is the beauty of capitalism. It is only natural.

JackM's gear list:JackM's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.0 USM Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS USM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow