Started May 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
marike6
Senior MemberPosts: 5,070Gear list
Like?
Re: what about including AF?
In reply to Ayrshirephotographer, May 2, 2012

Ayrshirephotographer wrote:

Dear Nikon,

Could you also give the camera auto focus ability? The d800 seems somewhat lacking in this dept...especially when we use anything but the centre AF point...

Is your D800 lacking AF ability, because mine has zero issues in that department? And AF point I select, the camera has no trouble focusing with.

I'd be interested in hearing your experiences and troubles with other AF points. On mine the outer points work nearly as well as the center, to the extent that I have no qualms about switching to the out points if a composition I want to make requires I do so.

Anyway, it's pretty funny, and quite puzzling, as Nikon builds what a camera that's like a baby medium format, that gets the absolute highest score ever on DxOMark, and they price it at only a couple of hundred dollars more than the D700 was released at, and people are still not happy. Makes me wonder what it would take for people to be satisfied, Hasselblad IQ for $1000, with 12 fps, at 10 mp?

marike6's gear list:marike6's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P330 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Nikon D800 Fujifilm X-E1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow