Like?
Re: Easy
In reply to Le Kilt, May 2, 2012

Le Kilt wrote:

qianp2k wrote:

Le Kilt wrote:

Faintandfuzzy wrote:

Le Kilt wrote:

But with the 5D you would most likely shoot at f/2.8 and might prefer less DOF, which of course the 7D can't give you if your lens doesn't open further.

True, you may prefer less DOF...but I find the opposite to be true in most situations.

I do.

Anyone checks Fuzzy's posts closely, you will find he is a troll as he actually doesn't talk from his own experiences nor has photos to support his claims. He just deliberately challenge mainstream opinions to cause an attention on himself as he has no other ways to be noticed, not from his photos nor from his opinions, no construction part of his opinions really.

Now he deliberately lie. Check his gallery he actually seems like shallow DOF lots and have bunch of those portraits from his 50/1.4 lens on D700 but they all look crappy with ugly bokeh such as this one

No, I think he just loves his 7D
No need to be rude about his photos...

I'm used to it from him. I've been a photographer running a business for over 20 years. Qianp2k comes in as a hobbyist thinking he is now part of the "mainstream" and considers his knowledge to be vast. He doesn't understand the difference between DOF and bokeh...yet is now an expert on it.

That's why I ignore his posts. I posted plenty of samples to prove my point....notice how he has been unable to rpovide a side by side comparison to prove otherwise.

I guess providing test samples that prove my point, and being a professional with more than 2 decades of experience makes me a troll in his eyes. I can live with it. I use both FF and crop bodies. I know what shows on print. I don't worry about what some inexperienced measurebators like Qianp2k think.

Oh...as to the picture. The parents purchased a 16x20, in B&W, that I printed on HM Photorag 308 using Carbon Pigment inks in my Epson 3800. They loved the shy face look of their daughter. I don't think they would be concerned at all about Qianp2k's thoughts on bokeh, or noise at 100% screen view, or "per pixel sharpness."

All the best.

Faintandfuzzy's gear list:Faintandfuzzy's gear list
Canon PowerShot G3 Nikon Coolpix 950 Olympus E-10 Canon PowerShot SX150 IS Canon EOS D30 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
LMAONew
EasyNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow