Started May 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
marike6
Senior MemberPosts: 5,070Gear list
Like?
Lightroom 3 / D800 Help
May 2, 2012

I can't seem to get Lightroom 3.6 to recognize files from my D800. Does anybody know how to get LR 3.6 working for D800 NEFs?

I successfully installed ACR 3.7, and Photoshop CS5 is reading NEF files fine. But when I try to import a CF card of images via Lightroom, the import window has "Preview Unavailable", and unrecognized file error.

Is there some trick or secret RC update? My LR is version 3.6 and the LR splash screen reads "Lightroom 3.6" and "ACR 3.6". I tried preferences in LR, but there doesn't seem to be a way to change ACR to 3.7.

On a side note, NX2 is much faster, and nicer to use than I remember, but I'm so used to a LR workflow, I'd like to at least compare LR vs NX2 before I make a decision which to use for D800 files. Thanks everybody, Cheers, Markus

marike6's gear list:marike6's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P330 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Nikon D800 Fujifilm X-E1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +7 more
Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow