Decisions, decisions! Concerns about my T1i.

Started May 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BobT
Forum ProPosts: 11,969Gear list
Like?
Decisions, decisions! Concerns about my T1i.
May 2, 2012

My T1i is starting to make a louder shutter sound that it use to. Either that or my other camera's shutter action is so much quieter, that it just seems that way. In examining the EXIF data of my shots, all looks well, and seems to be what it should be. But the noise is a bit bothersome. And the action, though sounding clunky and not as tight as the T31 that I tried in a store, simply doesn't sound right. So here's my dilemma.

Should I send it in to have it looked at and hopefully fixed, or should I consider purchasing a new T3, or a used T2i, or T3i? Can't afford to upgrade out of the Digital Rebel line. The T3 is the least expensive, and could be purchased NEW. The others would have to be used. The only obvious downside of the T3 is the lower resolution of the LCD. I really like that of the T1i. The other thing would be the fps rate. I need atleast what I'm getting with my T1i. Is the T3 the same or different?
What would you do?
Thanks

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow