unusual panorama with SEL 50mm F1.8

Started May 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
exm3racer
Regular MemberPosts: 200Gear list
Like?
Re: unusual panorama with SEL 50mm F1.8
In reply to Nikolausz, May 2, 2012

I like it!

This is a method gaining popularity now, thanks to this NY photographer Ryan Brenzier.
The picture of the couple on the bridge is my favorite of all I've seen.
http://blog.buiphotos.com/2009/07/the-brenizer-method-explained-with-directions/

My C&C:

I'm very early on in my learnings as a photographer, so take the following with a grain of salt please. Don't assume I know what I am talking about, as I am very much in the experimentation phase.

In your picture it appears the subject is the small tree branch. I wonder what the photo would have been like if you moved the "horizon" up in the frame and captured more of the flowers in the photo, perhaps the lower 2/3 of the frame. Or conversely, maybe shoot from a lower elevation, almost with the camera on the ground and get the flowers in the lower 1/3 only. The idea being with the perspective of lookup up from the flowers instead of across them. Not sure what I would do with the focal plan, except perhaps bring it closer. It would be good to try this with different perspectives, different vertical framings, and different focus points and see which one you like best in post.

anyway, that is what I try to do. Keep it up, looks great!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow