OM - first day problems -me?

Started Apr 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
Gary_Oz
Regular MemberPosts: 154Gear list
Like?
Re: Sometimes LCD has its merits....
In reply to kiwigirl, May 2, 2012

Hi Ron,

being long sighted now, I am totally with you on this little bug in not being able to directly playback in the EVF if EVF is enabled and LCD disabled.

Hope Olympus fix this with a firmware release soon.

The camera is so versatile and customisable that it is easy to get confused.

I have tried to create a resource with some ideas for settings for the camera on my wiki which may be useful:

http://www.ayton.id.au/wiki/doku.php?id=photo:olympusem5_settings

As for the REC button, I reassign that to anything but REC, and have a MySet settings for movies which reassigns it back to REC.

The problem with the dark viewfinder is NOT the viewfinder problem but how you have things set.

The viewfinder and LCD by default display WYSIWYG exposure, so if it looks dark it is either because:

• your exposure settings as they are will result in a severely under-exposed image, or,

• light levels are just too low for how camera has been engineered

In the later case, you can get it a bit brighter turning Live Boost ON (but then you lose WYSIWYG exposure), but for some reason it gets brighter still turning PASM dial to iAUTO.

ps. love your bull ant shot - I passed up on that 12-50mm but think maybe I should not have!

cheers

Gary

Gary_Oz's gear list:Gary_Oz's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow