Quick Downpour

Started May 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
RStyga
Regular MemberPosts: 238Gear list
Like?
Re: Actually, to my eyes...
In reply to olyflyer, May 2, 2012

I second that and take it further. In my opinion, it's sometimes "wonderfully" disgusting when people enjoy their holidays in countries where other people struggle and often die from hunger, sexual abuse, and drugs, to name only an eerie few. Trying to find a great shot amongst people who desperately try to survive, and especially when the latter are the photo subject, tells in itself more stories than any "great" photo could ever tell. I'm not attacking all people who take photos of such tragic moments; there are -most respectfully- photojournalists, people who are -in principal, at least- touched by the pain and suffering while taking such shots, and who sometimes cannot even handle it in any other way than by suicide, as in the case of Kevin Carter (www.fanpop.com/spots/photography/articles/2845/title/kevin-carter-consequences-photojournalism). Maybe it's too much a comment for this thread, but it doesn't hurt either to add it herein.

Regards,

olyflyer wrote:

LouHolland wrote:

Lovely Brent, really lovely and as they are all fine I do have a preference for the last one who shows beautiful how they all enjoy the circumstances without our western world umbrellas

...the images show poverty, not happiness. But I guess that depends on how we interpret the word "enjoy"...

RStyga's gear list:RStyga's gear list
Ricoh GXR Mount A12 Canon EOS 6D Olympus PEN E-P5 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow