So I recieved the K5 how do... DA ltd focusadjust

Started May 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
13thBagel
Contributing MemberPosts: 916Gear list
Like?
Don't...
In reply to Brentliris, May 2, 2012

Brentliris wrote:

I wonder if there are any users that have some advice on the AF calibration of these lenses..

My thinking generally is if it ain¨t broken don't fix it. ...

...immediately assume your K-5 needs AF lens adjustments.

First, make sure you have updated the K-5's firmware.

Next, DISABLE AF lens adjustments. Accept the factory defaults and move on to learning about how the camera works when paired to your various lenses. If you like particular collection of settings, save them as a "User Mode." Learning that the K-5 is really six cameras in one is one of the big "a-ha's" you get after using it for a while. After (say) six months you might wish to revisit AF calibration, but I'll surprised if you do.

I started with the K-5 when firmware 1.01 was the best available. As Pentax improved things my mindset remained stuck with 1.01 type issues. As a result, I fussed around with AF calibration for much too long before employing the 'AF Disable' method noted above. In so doing, suddenly I discovered ALL of my branded AF lenses were spot on. I've been more than a happy camper ever since.

... my 2 cents...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow