Started May 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mike cooper
Regular MemberPosts: 186
Like?
Africa Safari
May 2, 2012

I am planning an trip to Africa and originally wanted to go on a photographic safari. I looked on several photo sights and Andy Bigg's name was mentioned several times. When I looked into the trips it looked like he uses Thomson Safari's for his trips to Tanzania.

I knew the cost would be higher but when I found out the amount it is over my budget. If I was going by myself I might be able to swing it; however, given that my wife will also be going you need to pay the higher price for both of us. Given the price difference I could fly Business Class instead of coach for the 24 hour flight from Chicago!

I would like to know if anyone has experience with Thomson Safari. I talked to them today and they said they only put 4-5 people per jeep on their Discovery or Signature Safaris. In addition, they will spend some time with the cultural aspect of the country which is something we are looking for. These trips are still more than some I have found ( 6,500/person 14-15 days) but it sounded like their guides are exceptional and you stay in very nice camps as well as some lodges.

If you have other suggestions I would appreciate hearing. We plan to go in March 2014 as that is the time you see babies. March 2013 is a little too soon for our planning.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Mike

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow