Neat Motor Cycles

Started May 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
Guidenet
Forum ProPosts: 12,436Gear list
Like?
Re: Neat Motor Cycles
In reply to Chato, May 2, 2012

No, they are nice captures. They just aren't your art. They are the art of an artist, the person who created them. Had you added art to them that was more than the art there, you could consider your photograph art in and to itself, but not as I see it now.

The bicycles are sculptures. You made a photo to capture that so we could see a sculpture. Had you been the artist, now that would have been impressive.

I see it a lot on the forums. People taking a picture of a statue or a painting. They are just copying someone else's art. Now if you photograph an artist in the act of painting and you capture the subject and surrounding such that his painting isn't your subject, then that is yours and can stand on it's own.

A good photographer creates a photograph. He/she doesn't just capture an existing scene much less another's art. Chato, I know you're more capable than that. Photographically, this just isn't.
--
Cheers, Craig

Follow me on Twitter @craighardingsr : Equipment in Profile

Guidenet's gear list:Guidenet's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon D3S Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow