What you need versus what you want, and what you have.

Started May 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Liberty555
Regular MemberPosts: 380
Like?
What you need versus what you want, and what you have.
May 2, 2012

With so much strong resentment in the forum of late, I thought I'd break it down really simply and get back to basics...

Please refraim from flaming, trolling or cross posting. Lets just remain civil for a bit. Also please refrain from trying to impose your financial limitations on this purely technical post. There is no such thing a the perfect camera, so lets put childish taunts aside.

I'll start it off... I've had a 7D since it was first released.

What I need(ed) was a Canon 7D. Great AF, great frame rate, great IQ, great handling, ergonomics, weathersealing, viewfinder, capability and build. I've used it non stop in literally rain, hail and shine. Is been great, has never let me down. It can do more than I'd ever ask of it.

What I want(ed) was a Canon 7D with a full frame sensor.

What I have is a Canon 5D Mark 3.

I'm very very happy and honestly think it is encouraging me to further explore photography. Its been a personnal renaissance and I'm enjoying it.

Now I can confidently put my hand on my heart and say there is nothing in this email to invite ridicule, hurt or attack - please do me and others here the courtesy of maintaining the tone for this post. I genuinely want to know what you use, have used and want to use - regardless of Brand/Model.

Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow