OM-D?

Started May 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
NowHearThis
Senior MemberPosts: 2,086Gear list
Like?
Re: One thing will always hold me back...
In reply to Just Having Fun, May 1, 2012

Just Having Fun wrote:

NowHearThis wrote:

I originally wanted to get an Oly (E-PL1) with the Pany 14-140. I thought this would be a great combo, however, that did not turn out to be the case. I had issues with blurry photos. Neither the IBIS on and OIS off nor the IBIS off and OIS on would fix the issues at shutter speeds under 1/250 sec.

Why the heck would you put the large/heavy 14-140 on the PL1????? The 14-150 is smaller, lighter and cheaper. It also appears to be sharper. Did you want a large camera?

I tried the Oly 14-150 and I hate it. It's very poor optically at any FL above 50mm. Yes the Panasonic is bigger and heavier, but it is much better optically too.

As for size... I am not interested in "smallest", never have been never will be. An E-PL1 with a Pany 14-140 is not a "large camera". Conversely, my old T2i with battery grip and 15-85 IS lens constituted a "large camera".

Like the Olympus setup I was looking to get, my NEX-7 + 18-200 OSS is not also not a large camera set up. Yes, it is bigger than E-PM1 with the 14-150, but to me it just feels right - it has the perfect combination of smaller size and high image quality. It's about 1.5lbs lighter than what I had before with better IQ and features.

-- hide signature --

NHT
while ( ! ( succeed = try() ) );

NowHearThis's gear list:NowHearThis's gear list
Sony SLT-A65 Sony 85mm F2.8 SAM Sony DT 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 SAM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow