Help me choose between three!

Started Apr 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
Guidenet
Forum ProPosts: 12,436Gear list
Like?
Re: 2% or "2%"
In reply to dojoklo, May 1, 2012

dojoklo, I'm sure you mean well and are a nice guy, but your blog comes across as terribly biased towards Canon. You emphasize things you consider to be a bonus with Canon and downplay benefits of the Nikon.

Let's take one for a moment. You make a big deal out of that spot circle etched in the ground glass. You say Nikon doesn't have this because their spot metering is tied to the focus point as if that is a negative. Come on pal. That is a huge benefit for the Nikon. The Nikon allows me to move my spot metering to different areas of the screen where the Canon is fixed in the middle. Don't you see such as this as biased and poor reporting? Moreover, it's throughout your opinion blog.

You mentioned that 2% you claim as an exaggeration, but notice is was describing rather large and important advantages of the Nikon over the Canon. You made no such exaggerations the other way.

Now, I don't know how much real experience your have with photography and I'm not sure it anyone pays any attention to your blog, but you do poke it out their a lot and sometimes preface it as something other than your blog and only your opinion. I've seen you say things like, "You might want to look at this article" and such as that rather that telling the OP it's your Canon blog.

You have the right to post your opinion in a blog. You also have a right to think you're not biased. Bjorn also has the right to call it "fluff."

-- hide signature --

Cheers, Craig

Follow me on Twitter @craighardingsr : Equipment in Profile

Guidenet's gear list:Guidenet's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon D3S Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow