Started May 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jmagbita
Forum MemberPosts: 97
Like?
16-35 mk ii vs 17-55 on 60d, thoughts and poll
May 1, 2012

i know this has been discussed plenty of times here before, as well as on other sites.. but i still wonder which is a better option for the 60d

right now i have the 17-55 and i'm happy with it.. happy but not ecstatic..

a couple weeks ago i visited my little sis to take pictures of her for her college graduation (which is in 4 weeks).. i used my 17-55 rather than my 35 1.4L (which I now regret). my thought was the zoom would allow for some versatility

it was a bright day out and most of the shots were posed. results were ok.. many good shots, but i was expecting lots of "great" shots.. don't get me wrong, i'm no pro, so i know a lot has to do with the photographer and not the equipement, but many pics with flare leads me to think if i had the 16-35 i would have gotten more shots i'd be happy with.

so as for uses, family events, general hobbyist photos, travel.. i'll be going to switzerland and spain this august and to the bahamas this october so i'll be needing a travel lens.. current equipment include 60d, 17-55, 35L and 70-300L.

canon has a rebate going on right now so i figure after selling the 17-55 ii won't have to spend too much to get the 16-35L..

thougths? and let's take a poll. please vote 17-55 or 16-35.

thanks!

Canon EOS 60D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow