Started May 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jrocker1
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
Underwater cameras Canon D20, Nikon AW100, Olympus Tough, and Panasonic DMC-TS3
May 1, 2012

I'm in the market for a point and shoot underwater camera. I saw some comments on the specs of the D20 that tore into it for having a poor aperture rating. I really don't want the bulk of a camera housing or the price that comes along with buying a $600+ system. I wish there was a review looking at Nikon AW100, Olympus Tough 810, and Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3, but since there isn't, let me expand...

After reading all the negatives about the D20 from commentators, it seems that going with the Nikon would be a good choice as it has many of the same features and photo ratings, but it costs a little more than $100 less.

The Tough is in a similar boat with the AW100, but I know people that have the more basic versions and really like it.

The Panasonic has a lower price, slightly better aperture at 3.3 v. 3.9 for D20, and it got the best reviews from the underwater camera reviews for 2011 conducted by dpreview.

Any

Canon PowerShot D20 Nikon Coolpix AW100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow