7D IQ vs. Orig 5D

Started Apr 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
Dave Chilvers
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,175Gear list
Like?
Re: 7D IQ vs. Orig 5D
In reply to summitphotographer, May 1, 2012

summitphotographer wrote:

Which camera delivers superior image quality? Not content to upgrade to 5D III, but considering 7D, Thoughts?
--
Summit County Photog

I'm a walk a bout photographer of many years(too many) which includes a fair amount of landscape in the shots and have just purchased a 7D. It is a superb camera in so many ways that the 5d2 and original 5D aren't (I owned a 5d and now have two 5d2's along with have had all the 1 series FF cameras and still have 1ds)

I submit to a stock agency and have to work on my images at 100% before submitting them and I just can't take the 100% view of the 7D files anymore. It's a shame but thats the truth of it. I'll go back to my 5D2 or my old 500D for now.

Today I dug out my 1ds that has a similar sensor the the original 5D and everything about that 1ds is hard to live with till you see the images on screen at 100% and think that someone has worked on them behind your back, that's how good those early FF chips were(but you do have to live with the old ergonomics )

-- hide signature --

I feel so much better now that I've given up Hope

http://www.pbase.com/davechilvers/latest_images

Dave Chilvers's gear list:Dave Chilvers's gear list
Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
LMAONew
EasyNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow