Pentax Q discontinued?

Started Apr 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
brandrx
Forum ProPosts: 25,471
Like?
Re: Pentax Q discontinued?
In reply to skeys, May 1, 2012

skeys wrote:

I have just, this morning, been told the Pentax Q has been discontinued by the manufacturer.

Went to the B&H website last night to order the Pentax Q, because of the latest price announced here, but the Q was nowhere to be found on their website. I did see the 02 lens price increased from $252 to $399, though.

When I called B&H this morning, I asked the salesman to order the Pentax Q for me, at the newly announced "low" price. After a short wait, he told me it wasn't on any of his lists and must be temporarily out of stock. I asked him to check on when more stock was expected and he placed me on hold. After about a three minute wait, he came back on the line and told me his manager told him the Pentax Q has been discontinued by the manufacturer.

So, the question I now have is: Is the Q completely discontinued or will there be a new model?

The Pentax Q is again listed at B&H. The Q + standard lens 01 is listed at US $499.

Cheers.

Ron

-- hide signature --

Ron - 'We don't have time to go take pics this afternoon Carl.'
Carl - 'What do you mean? It will only take 1/1000s.'

'Keep your eyes looking forward. However, glance back now and then to see where you've come from. It will put a smile on your face.' ~ brandrx

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow