First DSLR: Canon EOS 600D or Nikon D5100?

Started Apr 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
Bjorn_L
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,457Gear list
Like?
Re: First DSLR: Canon EOS 600D or Nikon D5100?
In reply to PanaMir, May 1, 2012

PanaMir wrote:

Wait a moment.. I was always thinking the opposite: Sony has the sensor-based stabilization and continuous focus during video. Nikon has lens-stabilized. I don't know about the D3200. ?????

I am guessing they both have continuous AF in video (the d5100 & d7000 do, so the d3200 should). The a57 should be faster to AF in video. And can AF while using the EVF. Based on trying an a55, I'd say AF speed in video is going to be pretty good but not as good as a Panasonic Gh2.

The sensor based IS shuts off during video since to have it turned on seemed to lead to overheating.

The d3200 will have lens based stabilization just like every other Nikon. Lens based is better when it is there. In camera is good and always there, except in videos it seems.

-- hide signature --

See my plan (in my profile) for what I shoot with. See my gallery for images I find amusing.

Bjorn_L's gear list:Bjorn_L's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ5 Canon PowerShot SX30 IS Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow