Dpreview's OM-D E-M5 Review, Second thread

Started Apr 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
Bob Meyer
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,336Gear list
Like?
Really? REALLY?
In reply to Aleo Veuliah, May 1, 2012

Oh, puleeze. The OMD got a score of 80, the GH2 a score of 79. Yeah, that's a dramatic improvement all right, especially considering Oly's had two years to come up with something newer and better. Yawn.

Aside from that, the concept of an overall numeric score that somehow encapsulates the essence of a camera's "goodness" is more than a little bit stupid. Any scoring system like this assumes every photographer's priorities are the same, which is clearly not the case. If weather sealing really matters to you (as in you frequently shoot in the rain, or standing in the surf, as opposed to thinking this somehow makes it a "pro" camera), then the OMD is clearly better for you. But if you routinely shoot at 16:9, the GH2 may be better for you because of the multi-aspect sensor. No single number, or label (e.g., Gold) can possibly provide this kind of meaningful information.

But if knowing your camera is a single point "better" than a GH2 makes you happy, then by all means pat yourself on the back and use the gold rating to validate your self worth.

hahaha wrote:
Relax
Really?? Would you be happy if your GH2 get "Gold"?
Of course you would LOL
I have GH2 and 2 Pens, so I'm happy for Oly

Now, since you are a Panasonic fan, ambassador, or whatever, just tell them to > not to make another boring G camera. The only not boring Lumix G is GH2. > Period.
"LC1" m4/3 would get 'Gold', believe me LOL

-- hide signature --

Bokeh is the aesthetic quality of the blur in out-of-focus areas of an image, or the way the lens renders out-of-focus points of light. Bokeh is not the same as depth of field (DOF).

Bob Meyer's gear list:Bob Meyer's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Re:New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow