Started May 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
netsurfr
Regular MemberPosts: 131Gear list
Like?
Just got the EM5. WOW!
May 1, 2012

FedEX just delivered my black (14-42) EM5 and all I can say is WOW. This camera is beatiful & much better handling/looking than I expected or hoped. I have a Fujifilm X100, which I absolutely love & think is super classy looking, and the EM5 looks just the same.

I've been testing cameras to replace my Sony A55 which I just find a tad too large to carry around or take on trips so I naturally tried out the XPro1 by Fuji and although I loved the IQ it wasn't as versatile as I really need for an all arounder so I moved on to the NEX7 but really wasn't impressed by much with it and the EVF was nothing special in my opinion so the EM5 was my last hope and SO GLAD I went with it. First look out of the EVF and LOVE IT. I got spoiled by the X100 hybrid OVF but the EM5 looks fantasticly bright & clear so no issues there. The size factor compared to my Sony A55 & lenses is soo much better. I see myself carrying/traveling w/ both the X100 & the EM5. I also bought the grip and I'm glad I did cause I could use a little extra size/grip with it. Now I have to learn about the camera & all it's features so I can start enjoying it.

netsurfr's gear list:netsurfr's gear list
Olympus Tough TG-1 iHS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX50V Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony SLT-A55
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow