After all, the OM-D sensor is Panasonic and ..

Started Apr 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
peppermonkey
Senior MemberPosts: 2,488Gear list
Like?
Re: I have a very different theory
In reply to Tim in upstate NY, May 1, 2012

That does make sense...for future cameras...

I don't think there has been enough time for Oly to incorporate a Sony sensor in relation to the article. Not that it's not a Sony sensor since Oly may have just gone and asked for sensors from Sony ages ago (with no relation with the article).

Tim in upstate NY wrote:

Mal_In_Oz wrote:

acahaya wrote:

The only reason i can come up here is that the sensor is built by a company that until now doesn't have the reputation to build good sensors and if that is the case, it might have been in Oly's interst to keep silence to avoid discussions.

This is the only plausible explanation I have heard. If this was a Samsung sensor made to Olympus specifications, it would likely be better for Olympus to keep the Samsung name out of the marketing material. Samsung sensors are doing Ok, even at 20 megapixel, but the public perception might be different.

. . . Well since we're all just guessing here, I think that there's an upcoming announcement coming later this month about Olympus entering in to an alliance with Sony and that Sony might have sweetened their offer by selling to Olympus a sensor for the OM-D.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-04-03/olympus-gets-capital-alliance-offers-from-sony-fujifilm-terumo.html

-- hide signature --

Hubert

My cameras: GF1, TZ3, Konica Auto S2, K1000, Yashica Electro 35 GX, Recesky and my wife's old K110D

http://www.flickr.com/photos/peppermonkey/

peppermonkey's gear list:peppermonkey's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ3 Pentax K110D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow