Started Apr 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
dkojevnikov
Regular MemberPosts: 221
Like?
Re: J1 or V1 ?
In reply to Paul Pasco, May 1, 2012

Paul Pasco wrote:

dkojevnikov wrote:

V1 is too heavy and large for its small sensor. Its viewfinder is not that good so I chose J1 simply because it is much smaller and lighter, the only reason to go with a smaller sensor. I don't see how V1 can be justified when we have Olympus OM-D.

It's not that much smaller and lighter: http://camerasize.com/compare/#124,123 The viewfinder is about as good as any other mirrorless camera on the market; very bright and little lag. In fact a few people on thses forums that own the OM-D have said the V1 EVF is slightly better. The V1 is justified in that it is as good a camera as the J1...and has a viewfinder!

I was not able to see into OM-D but Panasonic GH2 viewfinder is much larger than V1. In my case, I just don't need a viewfinder that's why I sold my GH2.

The image quality of J1 and V1 is the same but V1 has a larger capacity battery and memory buffer.

And choice of mechanical shutter for higher flash synch and a better, more powerful flash.

Mannypr wrote:

Does the Nikon J1 have the same image quality of the V1 ? Today I came in here to take a look at the images produced by the V1 and must admit to being surprise at the quality which is very competitve (or better) the other small camera system on the market .

V1 does not have built-in flash where as J1 has. Although I stopped using flash when stared to shoot on digital cameras. 60 vs 250 for flash sync is not that important for 99% of Nikon 1 users, especially if they are not using a flash.

For me V1 was simply too heavy. I can carry J1 in one hand all day (with another camera with super-wide angle lens in another hand), V1 is just too heavy for that (for me) so everybody should just try both cameras themselves before purchasing.

-- hide signature --

Regards, Paul

Lili's Dad

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow