Tamron Adaptall 180/2.5

Started Apr 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
John Michael Winterbourne
Forum MemberPosts: 65Gear list
Like?
Re: Dang, guys.
In reply to The Man On the Mountain, May 1, 2012

@ Man on the Mountain, how much does one of those white things cost, just out of interest?

For any of the rest of you who are interested, the 'winning' bid was GBP 262, but the bidder sent me a message an hour or so before the listing closed (which I didn't see until too late so I couldn't refuse to accept the bid) to say that he had used an automatic bidding machine to bid very late, and was about to leave for a holiday in the Mountains (he didn't say, but very likely the High Tatras from his posting address) and if he won would pay when he gets back - in 10 days!

I now know that although I didn't specify a 'pay within x days', he has the ebay default maximum of 8 days to pay before I can either offer it to any of the other bidders - or just withdraw it. If I have to send it there, it will be through very gritted teeth. He hasn't paid yet, and I doubt he will.

The runner up was a Swede with 'Sven' in his ebay ID, and I just sent him a message saying that if 'the winner' hasn't paid by the time his sand runs out, he (Sven) can have it instead. It's just possible he's a member here, if so - check your ebay messages!

If it doesn't go to either of them, I'm going to keep it rather than re-list. I used it more in the last 10 days than ever before, and although I always liked and respected it, I finally fell in love!

Many many thanks to Leonard in Canada, it doesn't quite show in this thread but he was a massive help in getting me up to speed on how to allow 'overseas' bids and stop annoying Aussies, Canadians, Swedes and a few other nationalities as well for all I know. My heart leapt when I saw his 'Working now in Canada N/T' message above, top man, thank you again.

John Michael Winterbourne's gear list:John Michael Winterbourne's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon Df Nikon D3300 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow