ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PlymouthDave
Junior MemberPosts: 49Gear list
Like?
Sigma 17-70 on a Pentax K5 - Live music shots
May 1, 2012

Hi All,

This is a duplicate of a post in the Pentax forum, thought it might be interesting for anyone considering the Sigma 17-70

Attended a gig last week by Martin Barre the brilliant Jethro Tull guitarist. I wasn't sure if cameras were going to be allowed so I took the battery grip off the K5, the hood off the Sigma 17-70 and smuggled the fairly small package in to the venue. I needn't have worried, there were guys there with 2 or 3 cameras with 70-200's on !

Anyway, I had to work with what I had, I have to say I'm pretty happy with the results. The Sigma is pretty crisp and more resistant to flare than I expected. See the last shot.

The K5 was brilliant as usual, I linked the spot meter to the focus point and the hit rate was really good.

Enjoy !

PlymouthDave's gear list:PlymouthDave's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G10 Pentax K-5 Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM
Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow