ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Augustin Man
Senior MemberPosts: 2,944Gear list
Like?
P510 - Love is everywhere, insects and forums alike
May 1, 2012

I'm taking advantage of this shot I could have titled "love story":

to tell you without breaking the rule to go to the "Off topic" section how lucky I was since two years ago as I've registered to DPR: I only took part in the Olympus and Nikon forums (P&S of course) where everybody was nice and tolerant to me !

To see how in my opinion a forum should NOT be, take the X10 orb problem in the Fuji forum: X10 seems to be a very performant camera, which unfortunately had an evident sensor design flaw (the new sensor released recently seems to be perfect). That was all. But in that forum perhaps THOUSAND or more of messages have been exchanged by two "absolutist" groups: one said the camera should go to the trash bin , the other that the camera was perfect as it was (both vey incorrect statements) and they fought and fought and fought, calling each other names and everything else!

Frankly I can't understand that attitude: there is no perfect camera, and besides if someone doesn't like a camera I like or vice versa, what's the problem? Should I try to convince her to change her feeling?! But that's absurd!

I repet: I'm lucky to have not to take part in such forums !

Happy shooting everyone,

Augustin

Augustin Man's gear list:Augustin Man's gear list
Olympus SP-810 UZ Nikon Coolpix P510 Canon PowerShot SX50 HS
Fujifilm X10 Nikon Coolpix P510
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow