is this normal for the XZ-1?
Low light, iso 200, 1/30 second, the image appears oofocus. Possibilities:
1. You've got camera shake blur. Vr is only so effective, and 1/30 is shake blur territory. Increase your shutter speed.
2. Insufficient light to acquire focus-at least on the thing that you want. Use af assist light.
3. In very low light conditions contrast is poor, and this leads to apparent lack of sharpness.
4. Subject has a lot of depth and aperture is wide open. Not all of the subject may be in focus owing to shallow depth of field. Increase aperture a stop or so.
5. In low light, the xz-1 tends to misset white balance towards the red. Reduces apparent sharpness. Manually set white balance to incandescent.