Started May 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
TITCHY
Contributing MemberPosts: 986Gear list
Like?
Aptina on NR
May 1, 2012

Nikon rumors are speculating about a rumored full frame sensor by Aptina ,and concluding that Nikon are involved .

I notice that on one of thier pages they have a write up on a new 16mp APS C sensor

with good low light capability and 1080hd ,live view @ 60fps etc. the picture at the top of the page is clearly a Nikon DX pro camera D200-300 .

As nikon is using Aptina sensors in thier mirrorless offerings ,i wonder if this new 16mp ,or similar would find its way into the long awaited D400 .
following the exdellent series of DX pro cameras ,D100/200/300/S .

It is my belief (hope) that Nikon will give us something really special in the next model in this series .

I am not that technically minded ,prefering to marvel in the results of my photography rather than how it was achived (technically)

so here is the flyer (pdf) for the 16mp sensor ,maybe you more technically adept members can break the data down and find some holes .

http://www.aptina.com/assets/downloadDocument.do?id=688

Nikon D200 Nikon D40
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow