After all, the OM-D sensor is Panasonic and ..

Started Apr 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
danijel973
Contributing MemberPosts: 644Gear list
Like?
Re: As a fan of this format, I hope...
In reply to Amin Sabet, May 1, 2012

Amin Sabet wrote:

Jun2 wrote:

Panasonic senor is very competitive. M4/3 is very close to performance of APS sensors from Sony and Canon. I don't think they can do better for Olympus, at least not by much.

Even if Panasonic can make the best sensors, they don't have to give their best sensors to their competitor Olympus. In addition, they can charge Olympus very high prices for their best sensors. Thus I agree with Brian that it is best for the system as a whole if Olympus has an option besides Panasonic.

That is true, but the fact is, what's the alternative? They can get their sensors from Sony, who is competitive with their NEX, they could try to buy Kodak's sensor department (which would probably be the best idea, as Kodak is walking the path of Dodo bird and this could be done now, if ever) or they can try DALSA. I don't know what else is there except Canon, who make stuff for their own use.

danijel973's gear list:danijel973's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Olympus PEN E-PL1 Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow