Still usin' the old D300 while waiting for the D400

Started Apr 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
mothman13
Contributing MemberPosts: 925Gear list
Like?
Hey, Simon
In reply to Simon Garrett, May 1, 2012

Simon Garrett wrote:

You do realise just what an awful admission you've just made? I mean, haven't you read all the posts about how far behind the times you are? It's bad enough using DX (you'll know from recent posts here that Real Photographers Use FX), but brazenly to be using a 5-year-old camera?

I don't understand the engineering of this, but I know that, although the D300 took magnificent photos 5 years ago, now its pictures are rubbish.

Instead of boasting about it, you should hang your head in shame!

I don't even own up to still using a D300. I tell people I've just borrowed it. My camera is, ooh, something much more modern. Really.

PS - nice pictures!
--
Simon

Well, um, yeah but the D300 isn't my only camera. Yup, I've got a, ah, D8. That's it, yeah .. a D8. It's not on the market yet but it's twice as good as the new D4. I would have been using it but, um, I was having the sensor cleaned. I pulled the D300 out of the museum to shoot with, but put black tape over the camera markings before heading out. Of COURSE I wouldn't want anyone to actually see me using such a worthless, archaic tool (grins).

-- hide signature --
 mothman13's gear list:mothman13's gear list
Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow