Flash recommendations for Sony SLT-A65? And quick lens inquiry...

Started May 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DarrenCax
New MemberPosts: 7
Like?
Flash recommendations for Sony SLT-A65? And quick lens inquiry...
May 1, 2012

Hey people! I've got a quick question. I recently made the transition from Pentax to Sony (front focus...I'll leave it at that :P). Obviously, with the new camera I'm needing some new goodies to go along with it. I beleive the first order of business should be a dedicated flash...

For the Pentax, I got the FTZ360 and honestly was never too happy with it... Images were typically under-exposed and the flash lacked the ability to tilt. So, I'm wondering what other people have and suggest. I won't say money isn't an option, but I'd rather not spend $350 on a Sony flash if I can find something for equal/better quality for less.

Criteria/requirements? Primarily a good powerful flash with bounce and swivel. I mostly take closer range pictures indoors, but I'd probably typically go without a flash and just use my tripod. However, I also do the occasional wedding and family portrait.

And just a quick side-note... I plan on getting a Sigma 18-250mm lens eventually. Anyone have experience with this lens? I've currently got the kit 18-55 and the Sony 50mm 2.8 macro, but I want a good, well rounded lens.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow