D700 14mm-24mm and logo

Started Apr 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
John M Roberts
Senior MemberPosts: 1,459
Like?
Re: D700 14mm-24mm and logo
In reply to ed kelly, May 1, 2012

The images are very nice to look at. I do agree that the white border is too thick and also the spacing in the letters comment was worth mentioning.

I'm guessing that you basically kept the camera level for these shots which tends to keep all in a centered style, equal ceiling to floor proportions. This would allow straight vertical lines with little PP with those lenses, especially the 14-24.

I feel the last shot you provided in a later post was again positioned level yet by not having any aesthetic interest going on in the ceiling, it becomes distracting. Cropping out the top to eliminate the smoke detector and including more of the lower portion of the room would help balance the composition. This obviously would require tilting. I'm not thrilled of the vent either but cutting out much of the white area above it will give a less distracting affect.

I'm curious if you have applied much tilt variation with those lenses and if so do you find PP does a good job in correcting the verticals? This is were those PC lenses are desirable. I'm also curious to hear from those better versed than me as how PP correcting of vertical distortion compares to using the perspective control lenses.

John R

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow