tricking a z3200 to print borderless on Matte Media

Started Apr 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
DotCom Editor
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,465Gear list
Like?
I would never print borderless, especially on a Z
In reply to Guimar, May 1, 2012

Guimar wrote:

I picked a z3200ps a few weeks ago, and have been prinitng out borderless artwork, I picked up some matte paper and the printer will not le me do borderless prints.

I own two Z3100 printers, a 24-inch and a 44-inch. You've got to keep in mind that when you print borderless, there is going to be a certain amount of ink overspray. That means ink is sprayed beyond the edge of the paper. That's not healthy for the printer. On the extremely rare occasion that a client wants something borderless, I print on a wider roll and then trim the excess. Personally, I'd rather leave a large white border (at least one inch) all around my image, making it far easier to mat and frame. Your mileage, of course, it likely to vary. Regardless, best of luck with your Z3200. Keep an eye on the Matte Black / Red printhead. The black has a tendency to get messy and gooey, requiring head removal and cleaning with Q-tips and distilled water.

Check the printer forum over at Fred Miranda. Lots of Z3100 and Z3200 discussions there.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow