Started May 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jimrpdx
Senior MemberPosts: 2,934Gear list
Like?
big dreams, though maybe not Ricoh's
May 1, 2012

In lieu of sleep at 4AM, I found myself wondering what a new camera could do differently. My K-5 will be very hard to beat in the next few years, even with new updates like focus peaking. What could be really different?

Note: many of these don't apply to me, and for all I know they're out now - but here goes.

How about a 25Mpxl square sensor, one with the Panasonic multi-aspect abilities? But don't stop there - include portrait 4:3 and 3:2 also. Yes, that could be hard to use with an OVF but I hope the EVF isn't the only answer, or let it be live view only for portraits. Oh yes, maybe a square or 2:1 ratio LCD in the back would be best for this, which could impact many button locations (whether for good or ill). Think about it: no more flying right elbow to shoot a portrait! I like that. I'd need a dedicated button for this, BTW.

So on to the firmware. How about bracketing shutter speed for flowing water, bracketing aperture for flower shots, bracketing ISO for motion shots? I don't know enough about focus bracketing, but I'll toss that in too. And how about a sensor that detects the camera is on a tripod, to stop SR and activate a few of these features?

How about entering playback mode, finding a recent picture, and then making a multiple exposure? How about a preset DNG+websize jpeg without making me take 3 steps to get there? (I can use a custom setting here, I suppose - note to self.)

I think I woke up after that, the ideas get a bit too fuzzy to recall...
How about it Ricoh? How much fun do you want to have with your dSLR division?

whew that was fun - fire away while I take a much-needed nap!
--
Jim in Oregon -- a200 veteran, now G1 + K-5
talking to myself: http://granitix.blogspot.com

jimrpdx's gear list:jimrpdx's gear list
Pentax Q Samsung NX300 Samsung NX 20-50mm F3.5-5.6 ED +1 more
Pentax K-5 Sony Alpha DSLR-A200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow