Photomatics or LR4?

Started Apr 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
Darlene Goff
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,592Gear list
Like?
Re: Photomatics or LR4?
In reply to VittoDigital, Apr 30, 2012

I have just purchased Topaz Adjust. I started with the trial version. I used one of the photography sites discount coupons (just google for it) and it cost me $42 to purchase it. It installed right into my older Photoshop 7 under filters. It also installs into Elements, PSP, and a number of other programs. I am a newbie to retouching and am not going to dazzle anyone with my version of any photo right now so am not offering one. However, it not only has a lot of options, but there are presets, and at youtube and the Topaz site there are "recipes" for those of us who want to do something more complex but don't have a clue--yet. It also has plenty of more advanced settings. What I liked about this is it is a plug-in and not a standalone program. I still use PS 7 for my primary editor and don't want to go back and forth between programs. (I tried LR3 and returned it because I was not looking for an organizer for my photos.)

Darlene Goff's gear list:Darlene Goff's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P5000 Nikon Coolpix 8800 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 Nikon Coolpix P7100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow