many thumbs up to Epson and their customer service and a question on storing open ink

Started Apr 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
john enea
Regular MemberPosts: 120
Like?
many thumbs up to Epson and their customer service and a question on storing open ink
Apr 30, 2012

I have been having bad clogging issues with my 4900 on the LC and VLM channels. after three months of frustration, with unacceptable printing and many many many head cleanings as well as trying anything and everything to fix the issues myself, I broke down and called epson customer service. The dedicated line for the 4900,7900 and 9900 printers was the most enjoyable customer service experience I have had. Its nice talking to someone who knows the product. Anyway, they sent me a replacement 4900 and I have to send them back my printer. I got the refurbed unit in great shape with a nozzle check pattern taped to the top with the date showing a perfect print.

Anyway the cool thing was that they sent the printer installed with 100% full 80ml starter ink cartridges and told me to also keep the one I have in my old printer. So now my problem is how to store the open cartridges that I wont be using until the starter ones are done. I have them in zip lock bags with as much air taken out. I could also seal them in some vacuum food saver bags to get all the air out. Does anyone have any ideas?

thanks and thanks to epson!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow