Started Apr 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Arretose
Senior MemberPosts: 1,056
Like?
Pro Photo, Portland, OR- Pick up D800
Apr 30, 2012

I stopped into Pro Photo to check on my D800 order, and they said that they are getting 2-3 D800's every other day... not sure about that, but I put my order in early morning on 2/6/12 so I hopefully expect a call from them in the next month. I asked the person helping me there about the AF issues and he reported that it's being blown out of proportion on these forums, and that it's not as big of an issue as its being made out to be, especially if you don't use the side AF focus points (centre only) or use live view. That didn't quite sit well with me- If I'm paying $3000 I want to know damn well that I have a camera without ANY issues. I asked about their return policy and they said it is two weeks, but then he started to explain about how much of a hassle it will create for the other people on the list waiting to get their D800. I left that conversation with not a lot of confidence in Pro Photo taking care of me if I'm not happy with the D800 with the known and potential issues reported here. I also have a D800 on order with Amazon with a $500 credit, and with Amazon's no questions asked 30 day return policy I am wondering if it's worth waiting for Amazon to come thru on my order, though it could possibly be much longer before they deliver. I don't mind waiting longer to get the D800 if I don't have to deal with AF issues ect.,

Has anyone had any experience with Pro Photo in Portland- specifically returning a camera that was believed to be defective? If so, please share your experience.

Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow