ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Learning in Progress
Regular MemberPosts: 357
Like?
Advice: S95 vs G12 (and others)
Apr 30, 2012

Hello,

I am considering updating my aging A95 since it has some problems from time to time when I turn it on.

Basicly, I am considering the S95 and the G12 (or G11). For now the S100 is not being considered because I am not sure optics are really better than S95 (despite have a better range).

I know the main differences between the S95 and the G12 is portability vs handling, along with a few other things. The articulated LCD is also a big thing. Reminding me is not prohibited.

I prefer the handling of the G12, but sometimes I wonder if some of the buttons won't get into my way. Its hard to try in big box store with all the security they put, you just get an idea of how it feels.

On the other hand, I prefer the portability of the S95 and I can't bring myself to choose one definitively. The handling of it is fine, but will it bother me after a while ?

Generally speaking, I always carry my A95 with me, but its not always readily accessible because of its size. I assume the S95 would be more portable and the G12 about as portable despite being bigger.

This will be my only camera, if it weren't, I'd get the S95 without a second thought, but now... I just need a second, third and fourth though on this. btw, I am also considering going used with a G11 or just a used S95 (thoughts on that are also appreciated).

Canon PowerShot G11 Canon PowerShot G12 Canon PowerShot S95
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow