Started Apr 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
lita
Regular MemberPosts: 140
Like?
Curious about Raw Developer
Apr 30, 2012

I see that users of Raw Developer mostly rave about it, hence this query: what makes it great and especially, what makes it great with x3f files?

Obviously, besides the fact that SPP no longer has to be used. Actually, are the results better than SPP, better meaning more detail is revealed or better because the captured dynamic range is more accessible or better because the controls are more appropriate, ect. Has anyone compared the results for the same x3f files, processed on both SPP and Raw Developer and found meaningful advantage(s), again over and above the simple interface with the software?

I use SPP which I am not overly happy with: I find some controls sorely missing, but I have not found a way around it, quality of the results wise. I certainly don't find it atrocious as some others on this forum, but I often feel that I am not accessing all the potential of the raw files.

Thanks in advance for your posts.

PS I really don't see how this post could be construed as a troll, but just in case, I am really interested in this. Thanks again.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow