After all, the OM-D sensor is Panasonic and ..

Started Apr 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
szlevi
Contributing MemberPosts: 932Gear list
Like?
Re: 16.6 does nto equal 16.9
In reply to RoyGBiv, Apr 30, 2012

He's a largely clueless Panasonic troll, it's safe to ignore him.

RoyGBiv wrote:

exdeejjjaaaa wrote:

bobn2 wrote:

Tim F 101 wrote:

The OMD has more total photosites than the G3/GX1 sensor. The difference is small but quite important. You cannot just trim a sensor here or there and call it the same thing - it makes zero sense to go to the trouble of changing the chip design over a few thousand pixel sites and not tweak other more performance-related parameters as well.

The image forming area is less than the total area, and it is quite common for companies using the same sensor to choose slightly different border masks. For instance, Nikon's and Sony's often have different pixel counts. One reason is that different companies pattern noise measures need different numbers of black masked pixels.
--
Bob

how dare you question a dude who "knows anything about chip fabrication" !!!

Nice. I was just saying it was a logical place to start. Thanks for being so illuminating.
--
'I have no responsibilities here whatsoever'

-- hide signature --

http://instagr.am/p/JvSMWFBYyl
(Now you cannot say I don't have a single pic! :P)

szlevi's gear list:szlevi's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow