Why No Inexpensive DSLR's For Point & Shooters?

Started Apr 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
Jim Salvas
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,085Gear list
Like?
Re: Why No Inexpensive DSLR's For Point & Shooters?
In reply to jon404, Apr 30, 2012

Today's entry level DSLRs are incredible bargains. An early 70s Nikkormat would have been at least $200 (body only). In today's money, that would be about $1200.

jon404 wrote:

That Best Buy ad looks like a pretty good deal! I paid the same for my Olympus XZ-1, a year ago (apples and oranges; I want a camera that fits in my shirt pocket).

But I know what you are looking for. Something simple, without all the buttons, menus, choices. For me, I miss my old Nikkormat. God, I could remove the battery and still take great pix at 1/90 sec.

I posted a thread about this too, and got the same responses -- like, forget it, Jon. In digital world, you get it ALL for the same money... and there's nobody out there with the design intelligence to simplify, as did Apple with the iPhone.

-- hide signature --

Jim
-----
My eBay Photography Guide: http://camerajim.com

Jim Salvas's gear list:Jim Salvas's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PM2 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 UMC Fisheye MFT +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow