Fastest focusing mFT prime?

Started Apr 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
Cass_Rimportant
Forum MemberPosts: 52
Like?
Re: 14mm AND 17mm ...
In reply to Timur Born, Apr 30, 2012

I have both the 20 and 25, and the 25 is a better lens in all respects except size and price. Yes the 20mm is kinda loud compared to the 25, and the 25 focuses faster. I got a great deal on my 20mm as a kit with the GF1, but if I were choosing between the two I'd probably just go for the 25mm. That being said, the 20mm is an optically excellent lens; it's basically the reason I chose the GF1 kit over the EP1 kit, and largely why I chose m43 over NEX. I still have far more pictures taken with it than any other lens on the GF1. The two are quite different in field of view also, so I don't really consider them as filling the same niche. I'd probably even use the 20mm more often than I do if I didn't also have an X100 (which has identical vertical FOV and only very slightly wider horizontal FOV than the 20mm on the GF1). I would also suggest the Panny 14 2.5, but it's kinda wide for what you describe, and I find f/2.5 a bit too slow to freeze subject movement without using flash. In reality though, all of the m4/3 primes that I have (14 Panny, 20 Panny, 25 PL, 45 Oly) are so good that you couldn't go wrong with any of them.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow