Nikon D600FF soon ...wow

Started Apr 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
Jerry-astro
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,660Gear list
Like?
More revisionist history...
In reply to jonrobertp, Apr 30, 2012

jonrobertp wrote:

good grief the Canon defenders....the D60 was a bust...most ppl know that. Some don't. It is NOT a comparo to the D7k.

Really, a bust? I assume you meant 60D, not D60 (which didn't do too badly either). Care to share your data? As I understand it, it's doing quite well in sales, but I'm guessing neither you or I have any real data to back up our individual biases here.

The D7K is the comparo to the 7D...and beats it in 6400 iso noise, in weight, price, size... and the AF is close. I like the Nik AF better than the Can's because it is easier to move the single af point around.

Another set of totally unsupported assumptions. There would be a lot of disagreement on those comparisons of yours, but I'll leave it at that. No sense starting a long p* ing contest over lab test results. Suffice it to say that very few people regard the D7K as a direct competitor to the 7D. Different class of camera.

But ppl who are bent on one brand only...will never admit to a thing. lol...

carry on...it still works. so do my 4 canons. And my one (best of my bunch) Nikon.

My "loyalty" to Canon is mostly based on my inventory of lenses and other equipment. It would simply be too expensive to switch and unlike you, I have no desire to reinvest in a whole new set of equipment. Simply not in my budget. Beyond that, I want both companies to be highly successful. Their success raises the bar for everyone and gives my own chosen supplier a strong incentive to stay competitive. You switched to Nikon because Canon wouldn't deliver a camera with the 7D's functionality in a much smaller, lighter, and cheaper package. I, too, would like to own a BMW at Ford prices. Alas, it is not to be. Neither was your pipe dream.

Jerry-astro's gear list:Jerry-astro's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X-T1 Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Carl Zeiss Touit 2.8/12
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow