A former nikon users first 24 hours with the 5D III

Started Apr 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
mbresle
New MemberPosts: 16
Like?
Re: Nice first post....
In reply to carlk, Apr 30, 2012

carlk wrote:

Thank you for never felt the need to post anything on Nikon forum when you had the cameras for many years but now want to give us Canonites the special favor.

As dumb as it sounds, I never really thought about posting here when I was thinking about starting because I started with a D60. I went to the shop, checked out a d60 and and XTI and decided that the D60 felt better in my hand. I went through it in about three months to the point where I needed more than it could give me and upgraded to the D300 without looking back (or at online reviews). I also never really checked the forums because I went to pro photographers' sites rather than a user board where every Tom, Dick, and Harry could post. I've realized over the last several months to tune out the trolls and focus on users who are giving good feedback and advice and have decided I'd like to be one of them.

I just saw how much flack Canon is getting over this camera and felt it would be nice to share my opinion formed by my (so far) limited experience with the camera. At the moment I'm shooting very technically minded so as to figure out how to get the most of the 5DIII, but when I have something worthwhile to post, I will. I'm not comparing it to nikon or canon specific; I'm simply saying 'here are the features I have on my current camera (which happened to be a d300), here are the features I need, and here are the features I'd like to have but would not kill me if it doesn't.' At the end of the day, it's just a tool and I could make many of the same images either way, but I think Canon will be a bit easier for me and so it won out.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Re:New
TrueNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow